Vote in the March 5, 2024, Democratic primary to
re-elect Justice Chari Kelly • 3rd Court of Appeals
Chari Kelly Campaign Privacy & Refund Policies
Last Updated: July 25, 2023
Please scroll down for refund policy and refund-request form.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, submit content, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (such as email address, postal address, and phone number), resume information, and any other information you choose to provide. The Campaign retains scans of all contributions to the campaign made by check.
In addition, the Texas Ethics Commission (the “Commission”) requires us to collect certain personal information from donors. For example, the Commission requires us to collect (and disclose to them) the name, mailing address, occupation, employer, and job title of individuals whose contributions equal or exceed $100 in a reporting period. If a contributor’s spouse is an employee or member of a law firm, the name of the spouse’s law firm must also be reported. (For additional information, please visit the Commission’s website at ethics.state.tx.us.)
INFORMATION THAT WE DO NOT COLLECT
As of the date of this policy the Campaign does NOT:
- Provide accounts on this Site for visitors;
- Collect or store credit-card, debit-card or bank account information from made online donations through our THIRD PARTY VENDORS. (See below.)
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you on our Site., For example, we may collect voter file data from state parties and other democratic organizations, from public databases, and from private organizations.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests; request feedback or support, and otherwise contact you about your participation in the campaign and the use of the Site;
- Communicate with you about the campaign, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see YOUR CHOICES below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- To solicit volunteers, donations and support for the Campaign and for other candidates, issues and organizations that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
- Contact you if federal or state election law requires us to request additional information from you;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and campaign events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of the Campaign and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- To report required information to the Texas Ethics Commission as described above (see INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Campaign, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Campaign and;
- With your consent or at your direction.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
THIRD PARTY VENDORS
The Chari Kelly Campaign contracts with Webconnex, Inc. and uses their donation-processing platform, GivingFuel.com, to process donations via credit card, debit card and ACH bank transfers. Webconnex, Inc. bank and credit-card information securely to be able to process donations and make refunds. The Campaign does not have access to this information other than the last four digits of the card or account. The Campaign does not itself keep a record of or store such information. Please visit givingfuel.com/security to review GivingFuel’s security policies and technology.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also change your browser settings to block cookies, although doing so may disable some features of our Site.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S.
The Campaign is based in the United States, and is directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S.. If you are located outside the U.S., we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access to your information in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from the Campaign by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your donations to the Campaign or other involvement with the Campaign, or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at Chari4Justice@gmail.com.
CHARI KELLY CAMPAIGN REFUND POLICY
It is the Campaign’s policy to fulfill all requests for refunds made by the original donor within 60 days of the date of the original contribution. Requests made later than 60 days will be honored subject to the availability of funds and the statutes and rules governing such refunds according to the Texas Ethics Commission.
To request a refund of your donation to the Chari Kelly Campaign, you may fill in the form below. Subject to confirmation that we are actually communicating with the original donor, refunds will be made within five business days by the same means as the original donation; i.e., by check if the donation was check, by credit-card refund to the originally used card if the donation was by credit card; etc. Donation requests through the form below are subject to our contacting the original donor to verify their identity. For further information, please contact us at Chari4Justice@gmail.com